• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tattoos

Well why not

I figured I would post a few pictures of my work. All of them are fairly old and reflect a time in my life when I was much different than I am now. However, I do not regret them at all, they just tell an interesting story (I am referring primarily to my back piece). OH! and excuse the partial nudity :uhoh: :eek:

I have never realized how difficult it is to take a picture of your own back with just a camera phone and two mirrors :spinner:

Attachments

• TAT2.jpg
    TAT2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 301
  • TAT1.jpg
    TAT1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Tatfoot.jpg
    Tatfoot.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Tatleg.jpg
    Tatleg.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 302
Baba-Lou said:
Wow. you weren't allowed to dye your hair till you were 18. My mom asked me once I was in the 8th grade if I wanted to dye my hair. :D My answer...YES. I've been dying it ever since. I don't remember my natural Hair color now. :D As for piercings and Tattoos. I only have my lobes done and next year will be my first tattoo.

Nope. I'm naturally blond & it really sucked up the dye. I've just gotten over dying my hair. Nothing looks right except what's growing out of my head (honey colored).

My mom never was concerned if I thought she was cool, which most of the time I didn't. She was (& is) the best damn mom ever.

I wasn't allowed to do a lot of things, but I had more than most kids. I had horses, what more did a teenage girl need?

And I must disagree; I found the one on the back of my neck by far the most enjoyable :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I dunno. Like I said, the one on my neck hurt a lot. I don't know if he was going deeper or what. It hurt worse than my nipple piercings!! But everyone is different and can handle pain in certain spots better than others. But I am excited about getting another one! They are very addicting!!! :D

Hey Jessica (GiantBlueBerry)! Did your lip piercings hurt?? I have 2 right next to each other and they didn't hurt at all. I had to take them out for a job interview and couldn't get one of them back in so my piercer had to taper it and that hurt 100 times worse than getting it pierced! Sorry, I don't know why I mentioned all that! :)

Yea, I've gotten mine re-pierced once and tapered once as well. The taper hurt much worse than getting them pierced though.
I think of it as peeling the bandaid off slowly instead of quickly tearing.
It makes sense to me also, because I've experienced much more pain stretching my ears out than I have getting needles stuck though my skin. The initial stretch (if I remember correctly I had an 8 put in) was by far the worst.

Really though, getting my lip done was relatively painless, and the healing wasn't too bad either.. just took me awhile to heal.. ermm took awhile for my boyfriend to be sympathetic.. erm. anyway
Now I don't feel them at all and can take them out for a night or so without them closing up. I don't need to take them out for my job though, it's nice.

GiantBlueberry said:
I don't need to take them out for my job though, it's nice.
That's always nice. I think they look great :D I've always liked facial piercing but I've never had a job that would allow me to get them.

Yeah that's the only thing. Once you've been inked it's hard to resist getting another one. And another. And a bigger one...

That's a hell of a back piece Whitney!

Wow Witney, that is one hell of a tat on your back. If you need a hand taking pics remember i'm always available... :grin01: :grin01: :crazy02:

Thank you! ::blushes:: ;)

I have seen a lot of nice work on everyone else here too. They truly are addicting, just like snakes.

I get to keep my piercings in at work too. Of course I asked my boss if he would have a problem with me getting my lip pierced a second time and when he said no, my next day off I was getting pierced! I am also stretching my lobes. I am at a 10g and I think I wanna go to either a 4g or 2g. Haven't decided yet.

angle0343 said:
I get to keep my piercings in at work too. Of course I asked my boss if he would have a problem with me getting my lip pierced a second time and when he said no, my next day off I was getting pierced! I am also stretching my lobes. I am at a 10g and I think I wanna go to either a 4g or 2g. Haven't decided yet.
Wow you're very lucky. Bear in mind future employers might not be so accommodating!

Where I work (I've only been there a few months) I've tried to make sure my tattoos are hidden or partly hidden most of the time. People have seen them though and you can see they want to ask something, but don't. I get the odd slight comment here and there but you have to wonder if tattoos are still taboo, in 2006.

I know.......that's why most of my tattoos are on places where no one can see them unless I show them (back, shoulder, etc.) I have more piercings b/c they are not permanent. And I went in knowing that people are curious and will ask questions about pericings and tattoos. That doesn't bother me at all. I actually have fun explaining the process of how they did it and why I got it and stuff. That is one thing that does annoy me. People who get irritated with people who ask questions about visible tattoos or piercings shouldn't be getting them. It's all part of the deal when you get piercings or tattoos, you get the curiosity from people around you. :)

Hmm that is odd, I've not come across anyone who was irritated by being asked about tats/piercings before. Usually you can get a good conversation going in the pub tattoo-flashing, 'you show me yours I'll show you mine' style!

I'd rather people did ask than make the odd sly remark and look out the corner of their eye, as people at my new workplace are doing.

The other week I had one funny comment though. I was just leaving and my stomach grumbled.
"Ohh Belly says it's hungry" - "You haven't got a tattoo there as well have you?"

Made me laugh :)

Here are mine so far :D

Attachments

• IM000173.JPG
    IM000173.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IM000174.JPG
    IM000174.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IM000175.JPG
    IM000175.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 278
getting my first one done on the 16th of this month :)

getting something along these lines

tt7.jpg
[/IMG]

That's cool. From my one experience getting color make sure you are forceful about what you want. The frog is not the colors I wanted. The artist didn't think they were "natrual" It's a damn flying frog!

Also it's easier to touch up black & white in the long run, though color looks COOL! :D

Those are some cool tattoos. I'm supposed to get a tattoo of a cross on my upper arm in Dec, but I spent most of my money on my car and snake :grin01:

Preita said:
Here are mine so far :D

Oooh! I love the one in the middle!!! Would you mind giving a little more detail about what it is?? My initial thought was wicked unicorn, then I looked closer and I am thinking along the lines of a dragon. Regardless, it is awesome!

CHARMER said:
Oooh! I love the one in the middle!!! Would you mind giving a little more detail about what it is?? My initial thought was wicked unicorn, then I looked closer and I am thinking along the lines of a dragon. Regardless, it is awesome!
It also looks somewhat like a gargoyle, very dragonish too. I love it. :)

Here's a couple of mine.

I am seriously in need of another ink fix soon. :crazy02:

PhantomTattoo1.jpg

SnakeTattooColored.jpg

Back