• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Transparent Hypo? Blue Ice?

It seems that the only way to avoid that would be to destoy them.

Why is it that when someone's concerned about something THEY don't want accidentally appearing in their collection, they advocate the destruction of those animals? Seriously... since when is carrying a gene for a different kind of hypo a defect worth effort to cull it from the gene pool? It's not as if the gene suddenly makes the snakes 'diseased' or something. Yeesh.

I take it that "Anery C" equals "Caramel?"

I've heard it referred to as such on occasion... but whenever I hear it called that, it makes me wonder why the same person doesn't call Lavender "Anery D" or something... It's not like lavenders show red pigment either.

-Kat

Well, since you were asking for any other known name people have tried to use for a type of hypo.... you are leaving out the supposed T-/T+ corns that were being offered last year at that same IRBA show.

Oh ya, and don't forget Ruby-eyed Hypo. I don't know which catagory that should fall under though.

Yeah, I think the lines are blurring between Hypos and Amels....

amel_hypo03_003.jpg

:eek:

KAT,
I didn't advocate anything . I was asking questions about what would be done with the offspring. I made an observation that double het for two forms of hypo would cause a lot of confusion down the road and the only way to avoid that would be to destoy them,although if someone had a hungry kingsnake they would probably be doing us all a favor and it is as natural as the mice you feed your corns. I know test breedings are done ,but didn't know what became of the offspring.
I think a national snake registry of some sort would be great for this sort of thing. A website where you could track a snakes family tree with just an I.D.#.

Kat, I post this picture before asking what type of Hypo is this one that look different from all the others that I have, I don't get any imput so I delete the post. Hereis againg. This Hypo has white borders, I'm working in a lot of project now and I need to know what is what before I use it. I got those guys last year from Jim at SW reptiles.Take care. Carlos

Attachments

• hypo white border.jpg
    hypo white border.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 196
HYPO CORN SNAKE NAMES

I forgot two obvious ones that I have used. Blue Ice (C x Anery A) (name may change) and "Regular Hypo".

I have also wondered why we don't use Type D for Lavender. I have produced Anery A and lavender in the same clutch. Anery A from lavenders and lavenders from Anery A.

My Striped Lavender Project doesn't have Anery A in it at all. You would think that if lavender was a double homozygous animal that the differant genes would have showed up out of 275 hatchling to date produced from Normals het for lavender/striped/amel and amels het for lavender/striped.

I can't recall anyone claiming that Lavender is a double homozygous cultivar. Probably because it is not. :)

If the T-/T+ that some breeders are using are referring to the animal being tyrosinase positive or negative, that would not be talking about hypo. It should only be used in connection with amelanism, because it is the capacity to produce melanin at all that tyrosine controls.

Tranparent Hypo Okeetee

Pure Okeetee from wild caught stock. At least, that is what I was told.

Attachments

• tran hypo okeetee.jpg
    tran hypo okeetee.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 177
Trans Hypo Albino

I suspect this albino is homozygous for Trans Hypo and Amel. I have produced very few of these and they look very differant than the Albino Okeetees from this line.

Attachments

• trans albino homo.jpg
    trans albino homo.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 178
Albino Okeetee Trans \Line

Albino Okeetee from Trans Hypo line.

Attachments

• albino okeetee trans line.jpg
    albino okeetee trans line.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 173
Snow Okeetee Trans Line

Snow Okeetee Trans Line.

Attachments

• snow okeetee trans line.jpg
    snow okeetee trans line.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 172
Okeetee Corn Snake Trans Line

This snake is pure Okeetee from wild caught stock from the Trans Line. Her borders are black, but not as wide as we like to see. or think the Okeetee should look like. Her color is what we would expect from an Okeetee.

Attachments

• p9250002.jpg
    p9250002.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 171
Trans Hypo Snow Homo.?

I believe this snake is homozygous for Trans Hypo and Snow. He looks very much like a Blizzard from the top, but has strong yellow on his side. (Sorry about the eyes)

Attachments

• p9250009.jpg
    p9250009.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 170
Ultra Hypo Test Breedings

Test breedings Ultra X Hypo and Ultra X Sunkissed

I -can- tell you that he's (Ultra) not carrying Hypo A... I bred him to an amber from Don S. this year and got normals, caramels, and amels... no hypos of any kind. Kat (Not compatible)

I have bred Ultra Hypo to Sunkissed and gotten all normals, as this was one of the earlier tests I did to try to figure out what Sunkissed actually was. Rich Z (Not Compatible)

And when I have bred Ultra Hypo to a couple of Ambers (which were supposedly just regular Hypo combined with Caramel), I got ALL normals hatched out. Rich Z (Not Compatible)

I have bred Ultra Hypo to Hypo Lavender and gotten some Hypos and some normals. Rich Z (Hypo Lavender perhaps het for Ultra?)

I have a couple of what I thought are regular Hypos that when I breed Ultra Hypo to them, will produce two distinctly different looking Hypo babies. Rich Z (Perhaps one is homozygous for the other trait and other is het the for other trait?) Griffinders point. (Rich Z’s or someone else’s mixed morph potion?)

It would seem that Ultra has been test bred to Sunkissed and Regular Hypo and found to be incompatible with the two.

Joe

This snake is pure Okeetee from wild caught stock from the Trans Line.

I'm confused or perhaps didn't understand this statement correctly. How do you get pure wild-caught Okeetees from you CB "Trans line"? :confused:

Thanks Darin for your clarification! I get kind of lost reading about the T-/T+, you put it very straight forward. I do remember that someone at that same IRBA show has some really different looking snakes labeled as T-/T+ hypos, now as I just learned the labeling was incorrect. But regardless of how they were labeled the snakes still looked a lot like Joes animals and I was just curious if he saw them. They could even be results of his "space garbage".

I think.........

That the T+ albino could easily be mistaken for some form of hypo. I hear alot about the T+ but none that have been proven to be that. I'm not sure what 'proof' is needed, is there a test that can confirm it?

i might be far out here

if there are unknow types of hypo and we can seem to figure it out why couldnt we take sum dna samples of regular hypos the other types..... then take some dna samples from some hatchlings and the parents....wouldnt this in a way see the kinds of gene. yes i know its gunan cost a pretty penny.. but wouldnt this be worth it? i know everyone is saying well u never know what kind of hypo it is and what other traits it carrys.. isnt it just the same as a amel carrying a unknown het when u get it from a pet store and later finding out its het for anery and u end up wiht snows? i my self dont mind suprises. if there are other genes out there not found... then apprently we have to breed alot more to find them...or maybe the hypos look diffrent do to the way they were incubated? could that be a cause? to much heat causes death,deormed babaies right? well could it also cause lack of vitems or other things to cause a skin(scale problem) well im goign to stop babbiling just thought id put my 2c in..(sorry for spelling i just woke up)

Back