• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do you feel about God.

I also do not believe that Eve was created with Adams rib. The bible its self is man made too. A collection of accounts. It is a really in depth history book, in my opinion.

I am happy in knowing that I was created when sperm from Thomas Francis invaded the egg of Jamye Ann and bod-a-bing, close to 10 months later I was born. Some use science to explain it and others use a god to explain it. Either way, I am here.

:)

Well, There might be a link between Humans and Apes...but we didn't get Here in our current form without a little help!

I'm No scholar. Not a college graduate. Hell, i was lucky to get out of High School with a D avg.

Never had a lesson in genetics, etc.

But I can See...i can Hear.....And I can decide things on my own(don't need to be a part of a bigger group to feel more special).

Too many artifacts have been found to suggest there MAY have been a visitation..or two in the past.

Bottom line....

Believe what makes you Warm & cozy inside......

Chances are...we're all wrong anyway!

The majority of species that have ever existed have gone extinct. But to assuage your worry about lack of other hominids, if Homo florensis does prove out to a new 'species' as it is appearing it will, then there was another hominid around as recently as 1800 years ago.

I think there is a typo here. 1800 seems a tad recent. Perhaps you meant 18,000?

Well, There might be a link between Humans and Apes...but we didn't get Here in our current form without a little help!

I'm No scholar. Not a college graduate. Hell, i was lucky to get out of High School with a D avg.

Never had a lesson in genetics, etc.

But I can See...i can Hear.....And I can decide things on my own(don't need to be a part of a bigger group to feel more special).

Too many artifacts have been found to suggest there MAY have been a visitation..or two in the past.

Bottom line....

Chances are...we're all wrong anyway!

Rich, there is a reason we are friends. Very well said Toots!

Religious groups do provide those that belong to them a sense of belonging to a bigger group. They provide members with answers to questions we don't have complete answers for. I get that, but simply filling in the gaps with magic from any cultures mythology doesn't do it for me.
We can speculate and imagine a great many things and that is wonderful. Its when others start killing, torturing, raping, or justifying these things with their unfounded blind beliefs that I really have a problem. How many suicide bombers would we have if they didn't think they were getting 72 virgins for doing so? Personally, I only need one. What I find interesting is how many say the classification system is man made... but when it comes to hybridizing we look at that system and say well they aren't the same species... genus, etc. so they aren't meant to be breed together. My philosophy is this.... if they are close enough to breed and produce viable fertile offspring then that shows that they are indeed close enough to do so and if you want to add god in there.... if god did not agree with hybrids... he would not have made them so darn fertile.

Religious groups do provide those that belong to them a sense of belonging to a bigger group. They provide members with answers to questions we don't have complete answers for. I get that, but simply filling in the gaps with magic from any cultures mythology doesn't do it for me.
We can speculate and imagine a great many things and that is wonderful. Its when others start killing, torturing, raping, or justifying these things with their unfounded blind beliefs that I really have a problem. How many suicide bombers would we have if they didn't think they were getting 72 virgins for doing so? Personally, I only need one. What I find interesting is how many say the classification system is man made... but when it comes to hybridizing we look at that system and say well they aren't the same species... genus, etc. so they aren't meant to be breed together. My philosophy is this.... if they are close enough to breed and produce viable fertile offspring then that shows that they are indeed close enough to do so and if you want to add god in there.... if god did not agree with hybrids... he would not have made them so darn fertile.

And perhaps we wouldn't be here either.......As We..humans...are most likely

Hybrid to our very core.

Which Strengthens my belief that hybridization is a BAD idea....

Just look at us.

Any questions?

if they are close enough to breed and produce viable fertile offspring then that shows that they are indeed close enough to do so

What about geographical proximity. You need to be close genetically and physically right?

Of course I am biased here because I'm a protoresearcher in geography.:spinner:

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Teletubbies.jpg

Oh my goodness... ~Facepalm~

Just to be devils advocate here... How many things have been killed in the name of science? I believe I already stated this but Science use to experiment on humans til it was deemed cruel. It still experiments on animals for the greater good of humanity. Seriously that whole logic can go both ways with science and god.

Science can be mean (read at your own risk)

A typical experiment usually required
about 130 minutes during which time the
temperature of the lizard was raised by
one means or another from room temperature
to a point where a fatal heat
rigor was produced in the animal. This
end point was quite sharp and rather easily
determined. As the body temperature
approached the critical temperature the
lizard would show symptoms of violent
agitation, gasping and sometimes sporadic
fits of burrowing and climbing. Finally
convulsions occurred during which the
lizard would, in some cases lie on its back
and kick for several seconds and then
right itself. The final temperature was
indicated by violent tremors in various
parts of the body (eyes, mouth, legs) and
by a sudden paralysis of the hind legs.

But the horrible things done in the name of science are different than the horrible things done in the name of religion. Tuskegee syphilis experiment for another example.

But, it seems like religion has been used as an excuse to commit things far worse like genocide. I'm not familiar with any scientific genocides. At least science as I know it.

Attachments

• Experiments on Toleration of High Temperature in Lizards.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 2
What about geographical proximity. You need to be close genetically and physically right?

Of course I am biased here because I'm a protoresearcher in geography.:spinner:

Genetic drift, migration, hybridization, are all factors that go into evolution over a very, very, long period of time. How far can a snakes genes migrate over 10,000 years? How far does a snake need to migrate if it escapes out of someone's collection to breed with another similar or not... species.
I think most people who have owned snakes have at least heard of a snake escaping from someone else's collection if not their own. If such a snake escapes into the wild we can never be sure that a snake that was not indigenous to that area that escaped did not breed with another snake indigenous to that area. These are the thoughts I like to imagine as they have more probability of happening than say, a talking snake or donkey.... or a female being created from a rib, or of Zeus or Wakinyan throwing down bolts of lightning. I see man as influencing nature and evolution by his/her actions whether it be putting in a new road that cuts off a population from another population, destroying a habitat by clear cutting and building on that land... we are always making our imprint on how things evolve by our very simple and very large presence in this world. How will we have affected the many species that will survive when we have died out or evolved into something else? What will the world be like? Perhaps some pueblan x bushrat x corn snake hybrid will escape and breed with the local population and it will have just the right combination of genetics to outcompete other snakes in the population. Fast forward millions of years and perhaps that snakes progeny will have evolved into a reptilian species capable of traveling through space and discovering new planets full of life. You can imagine anything. You can imagine even being told by spirits that perhaps this is your destiny to do this. That doesn't however make it so.
Imagination that becomes belief is what we call religion or even delusion.

Sumerian artifacts? I love the ancient civilizations, but what is odd about them? We did learn about the Sumerians in history...

Hehe!

Written by a devout Christian?

Lol,
In the grand scheme of things... I'm no more wrong or right than anyone else. And this simple fact, I hope all of us can realize .

I guess the main thing I don't understand about religion is why would anyone get worked up over the topic? Seriously, why argue about something that neither party knows anything at all about?

So God is omnipotent? OK, I'll believe that one right after he or she creates a rock that is so heavy that he or she can't lift it. :rolleyes:

Back