• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So What's Your Snake(s) Called?

So far, corns
Diamond Lil, snow (named after a strip club)
Norwood, anery (I didn't name him, it's a place near where he was bought)
Buck, hypo
Calamity Jane, normal
Lola Montez, christmas hypo
Pearl Hart, granite
Slim, r o
Butch, anery
Sundance, normal
Annie Oakley, ghost mot
Nellie Cashman, okeetee
Bonanza, ghost ph blood
Bret Maverick, anery stripe
non-corns
Mr William H Bonney aka 'Killa', deckert's ratsnake
Skeeter, integrade king

jaxom1957 said:
Music related:
Bing (snow): for Bing Crosby, singer of "White Christmas"
Holiday (snow zigzag): for both Billie Holiday and "Holiday Inn", the vintage movie

<snip>

Lena (anery): for Lena Horne

<more snip>
Very cool, from where this jazzgeek sits. I once had a Surinam Red Tail Boa named "Sassy", after Sarah Vaughn. :cheers:

regards,
jazz

Slinky- looked like a slinky when I first got him. He kind of moved around like a little inch worm. I did not want to call him "worm".
Cornelia- cause I could not think of anything better. She is a priss too!
Perry- short for Periscope- he would Periscope out of his coconuts.
Corny I know..but not point awarded here for creativity.

Corns-
Sammi snake my daughter chose both the name and the snake. Aphrodite and Adonis, because they are the start for my breeding plans and those names sounded better than "Adam and Eve". Odin, just keeping in line with the god's names, even though I am not that well versed in mythology.

Kings-
Luna is a Mexican black king and "luna" is Spanish for "moon". Soleil is a bright yellow and orange hypo Florida king which looks rather "sunny". Igor, just because I liked the name. Oreo, because he is a black and white (50/50) desert phase Cali king.

BPs-
Princess Tula is named after our own Tula_Montage, who provided me with a lot of help and support on bringing her back from near death, and Prince Vlad because I wanted to keep the prince/princess theme, and he is an evil son of a gun.

Boa-
Simon...just because.

I'll be naming my Creamsicle 'Shredder' once i get him. XD;; My friend has four red eared sliders named after the TMNT guys and snakes DO like rats... soooo...

Well, I have Smokey and Queenie who use to be Konig but we found out he was a she. They were named by their prior owner.

Then there is Gaia, female Normal, Greek for Earth Spirit.
Then there's Danu, female Snow currently on walkabout, it's Druid for Earth; And, finally there is Eluyanka, male Caramel who is also on walkabout (I think he and Danu have secretively gotten together to party in the basement) and it is Semitic for Serpent of El or Snake of God.

jazzgeek said:
Very cool, from where this jazzgeek sits. I once had a Surinam Red Tail Boa named "Sassy", after Sarah Vaughn.
Thanks. I'm still waiting for the right hatchling to be my "Janis". Gotta love them blues singin' ladies. :) And Ella? She better be perfection on toast to live up to her name!

Celtic names here...

Kieran - 5 yr old Love hypo male

Gailleann - 1 yr old Ultramel female

Don Dorcha - almost 1 yr old Anery motley. I do call him Daire for short... Don Dorcha is just too much of a mouthful for every day :)

I have a thing for Scotland and Celtic related things.

Here are my guy's names and how they got them...

Cornflake - NOT as obvious as everyone might think!!! lol My mom told her best friend that I had bought a corn snake, her friend heard that I had bought a kitten and named it Cornflake! lmao...He's been Cornflake ever since. :grin01:

Battle Worm 3000 - I have a humorous, semi-sarcastic boyfriend. I was planning on getting an anery motley and asked his input on a name...the name stuck...lol I just call him Battle though. :rolleyes:

Rhett Butter - There is actually a double meaning behind his name...firstly he is a butter corn and butter is RETTub backwards...then of course there's the whole "Rhett Butler" reference from Gone with the Wind which is my favourite movie...it just seemed right! lol

Donnatella - Donna was a gift from my best friend, the name Donnatella means "Beautiful gift" which is exactly what she is! lol

Chopstick - Again thanks to my boyfriend's wicked sense of humour! lol She's a caramel so kind of looks like a fat little brown chopstick anyway! lol

And of course I will have to mention my two recently, very sadly deceased babies... :sobstory:

Raphael - was a partner for Donnatella so I kind of when with the whole TMNT theme, Raphael is the red TMNT and my Raph was a Fl. Red so thought that was appropriate.

Streaky - my little amel stripe...she was also blooming FAST so was streaky in that way too...

And that's the lot for now...

I have a few on the way too, most of them have names already, all more or less the same theme which I will share when I get them! :grin01:

I know I've said it before, but 'Battle Worm' is totally, utterly and comprehensively my favourite snake name :grin01:

*sigh* Every time I answer one of these threads the list gets longer and my hands hurt after typing up all of the names, but I can't resist because I love my snakes so much...

In the beginning, we named the corn snakes after gemstones because they were the 'family jewels' an on-going joke between the hubby and I... Then, when we ran out of gems that made sense, we moved on to rocks and minerals to keep it all in a theme. There were always a few exceptions though. This year we've moved from mineral/rock/gem to plant/flower/tree names - because there are SO many options! lol...

Here's the names, in alphabetical order:
Agate, Alexandrite, Amethyst, Beryl, Breccia, Brookite, Brucite, Carnelian, Cassiterite, Celestine, Charcoal, Copper, Coral, Dolomite, Ferrite, Flint, Galena, Gemstone, Granite, Graphite, Gypsum, Helenite, Hematite, Jasper, Jewel, Junior, Kimberlite, Kyanite, Leucite, Limonite, Malachite, Mercury, Mica, Monster, Mr. Stone, Nepheline, Niccolite, Obsidan, Oleander, Olivine, Opal, Pearl, Pebbles, Petunia, Pyrite, Quartz, Riverstone, Ryolite, Sandstone, Sediment, Selenite, Shale, Silt, Slate, Sylvite, Topaz, Tourmaline, Travertine, Vivianite, and Zircon.
Snakes we no longer have:
Basalt, Carbon, Chert, Cinnabar, Citrine, Crimson, Feldspar, Garnet, Gimp, Hope, Ruby, Sulfer, Sunstone, and Wulfenite.

Now, the ones that don't fit the theme? They were usually named by the breeder or in some cases warranted a special name for some odd reason. (Junior because he's just so tiny (NOT)... Hope because she started off as a non-feeder that ate for us, etc...

Then there are the non-corns that don't follow any particular theme. (Except the squishies (named after birds) and the Potosi which are all named after Norse gods and goddesses - except my sister's that I snake-napped. lol)

They are:
Chickadee, Cracker Jack, Dolly, Folly, Freya, Harley, Jane, Magpie, Quinn, Thistle, Thor, and Valkyrie.

Previously we had three other ball pythons that were named Little John, Monty, and Dodge.

I think that covers all of the snakes - well, except the new ones that haven't been named yet. *sigh* That will be a considerable amount of work naming the little buggers, but well worth it in the end.

Jenn

corns
motley = Gerald-dunno
caramel/normal thing = Kevin -named after my boss
amel = Mosting-'coz hes so high strung and thats the cheesiest posh name i could think of lol

pueblan milk snake = Malcolm-Malcolm the milk snake lol

n.pine snake = sid- hissing sid

carpet python = Charlie- Charlie the carpet python

CR red tail boa = Bovis - bovis the boa

and finally my royals Len and Elsie after Elsie tanner out of corrie because of the E.T heads all over here
and len because Elsie was married to len faircloth who was a pedophile but no one new and we named him that because Len is 100% het albino :)

Mrs InsaneOne said:
Snakes we no longer have:...Cinnabar...
Cinnabar is alive and well and living with me now . She's a sweet-natured rootbeer I purchased from TandJ to breed to my creamsicle next spring. The name was pretty and seemed to fit her, so I saw no reason to change it :)

jaxom1957 said:
Cinnabar is alive and well and living with me now . She's a sweet-natured rootbeer I purchased from TandJ to breed to my creamsicle next spring. The name was pretty and seemed to fit her, so I saw no reason to change it :)
Glad to hear she's doing well! I'm sure Lucius has been eying her her up and down as well! lol. She's an auntie now too, Beryl's clutch of roots het hypo have just hatched! :crazy02: Was hoping for a cream or two, but apparently the father wasn't het amel.

Jenn

waldo said:
Amel female- Tula, after Elle

ANOTHER snake named after me, ok so thats an amel corn, a female royal, a lavender female AND a gecko! LMAO!

My corns:

Lavender female - Lacey. She was already named when I bought her but I loved it anyways.

Phantom blood female - Griet, means pearl in Dutch and was also the name of the Maid that artist Johannes Vermeer used as the model for one of his most famous works - Girl with a pearl earring.

Lavender motley female - Dahlia, shes plain evil. Yet very pleasant to the eye ;)

Hypo het snopal male - Fuzzbucket, he was sort of the dustybin for leftover fuzzies :p

Coral snow male - Panther, cause hes pink AND because I only just realised it fits well with Pantherophis.

Hypo lavender male - Hal, bought named Lal Hardy after a tattoo artist, but I changed it to Hal.

Others:

Male Bolivian dwarf boa - Brutus, he's big and muscular and brutieful. :shrugs:

Female Philodryas baroni - Sweetpea. Shes green and a very well mannered young lady.

Male black milksnake -Monsieur Noir :cool:

Names of snakes I have owned within the last year. I want them all back now :(

Miami het blood fem - Esme
Sunglow motley fem - Scarlett
Normal male - Tallulah (dont ask)
Anery Male - Vincent
Snow fem - Peaches
Western hoggie fem - Hogweina
Western hoggie male - Turnip
Common boa fem - Sweetheart
Kubsch dwarf pastel boa fem - Estelle
het albino boa fem - Rose
Pastel royal python - Sir Gnarly Shagalot
Normal female royal - Ameile poulain
Normal male royal - Windsor
Normal kenyan sand boa female - Sandie
Male Philodryas baroni - Slim Jim

I am currently awaiting on the arrival of 1.1 unralted corn island boas. No names yet. And a lot more corns in the next few months LOL!

diamondlil said:
I know I've said it before, but 'Battle Worm' is totally, utterly and comprehensively my favourite snake name :grin01:

Hehehe Thanks Janine! lol It was originally said as a semi-sarcastic joke but it's my favourite too! lol :grin01:

Back