• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tattoos

Duff, great addition to the ankh, but you know you're going to end up with an entire sleeve now don't you :grin01:

Thank you both. I'm still starring at it more than I should be, lol. And yes, I do have plans to get some more done around the bottom and sides of the Ankh. Not quite a full sleeve, but it'll be close, I think. I have 2 kids, so wanna work in their initials, one on each side of the Ankh in some sort of vine-like design.

And your goddess tattoo is pretty wild, recycling goddess :cheers:

cool. what are your kids initials? we incorporated our initials into my hubby's tat. this is a pic of the books at the bottom of the tat (along his wrist) the initials are:

A J D J A

it's a form of writing i designed years ago and so when it my hubby said he really wanted the kids names or initials in his tat... we decided to use all our initials instead. then our artist let me write the initials on his arm and he tattooed over my writing... so i got to be part of his tat... it was really special. (i got to do the other writing as well on the "book of shadows")

wrist.jpg

Now that's cool. There's nothing like adding a little personal touch to a tattoo.

My plan is to go with the 1st and middle initials, so the oldest is S.A. and the other is T.E. And just to put it out there, since I know there are quite a few artistic types around here, and I'm not really one of them, if anyone wants to sketch out a design along the lines of a growing vine or something that fits in with the hieroglyph/egyptian theme, feel free to send it my way. I'll be sure to give credit, hehe.

Ooh lovely, I've never seen one like that before, did you take in the design yourself?
Couple of hours? How big is it?

Yep, designed myself
The bolt pattern is identical to my Emerald Tree Boa, while the pose and rest of the drawing was taken from a picture of his mother
Its just shy of 6x4

suppose 2 hours was a bit of an over estimation... i know i got there at noon, but didn't get in the chair till closer to 1230... so actually no more than an hour and a half in the chair

Been avoiding putting mine on in hopes of losing some weight. Dosent look like thats happening LOL.
So here goes mine are in need of touch up and one is needing to be finished.
The one on my back is my first tattoo second is on my chest.

Attachments

• Tattooresize21.JPG
    Tattooresize21.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 205
  • Tattooresize11.JPG
    Tattooresize11.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 205
The Nothing said:
Yep, designed myself
The bolt pattern is identical to my Emerald Tree Boa, while the pose and rest of the drawing was taken from a picture of his mother
Its just shy of 6x4

suppose 2 hours was a bit of an over estimation... i know i got there at noon, but didn't get in the chair till closer to 1230... so actually no more than an hour and a half in the chair
Ah, I see. Brilliant idea, when that much work goes into it that's what makes you genuinely proud of your tattoos (in my opinion).

I just asked about the time because it didn't look that big, but it is a whopper! My 5 incher took slightly less than 2 hours. Did you nearly fall asleep during the shading too? :)

no? i usually meditate when i'm getting work done on my arm... there isn't any pain... just feel tired so i close my eyes and go on a journey... speeds up the process as well.

Here are my brand new tattoos! They were my 21st birthday present to myself.
mystars.jpg

They are of my own design and have a lot of meaning, but it's hard to explain without chewing your ears off. Basically they represt my spiritual beliefs.

Here is my other tattoo that I got when I was 18 if you missed it before.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=195117&postcount=13

Everyone has such lovely inks! Keep them coming! =)
- Megan

so why not a 5? that's only 3 needles on the bottom and 2 on the top... an 11 is 6 on the bottom and 5 on the top (spread not stacked)... over twice that... and a 15... with 8 on the bottom and 7 on the top... is 3 times the 5...

isaac... you know it, you're a tattoo god and just playing with us :p

recycling goddess said:
so why not a 5? that's only 3 needles on the bottom and 2 on the top... an 11 is 6 on the bottom and 5 on the top (spread not stacked)... over twice that... and a 15... with 8 on the bottom and 7 on the top... is 3 times the 5...

isaac... you know it, you're a tattoo god and just playing with us :p

lol, i'm a god of nothing

its easier for me because the larger do have more needles
its like the difference between poking yourself with a 16penny nail and then poking with a railroad stake... or... lay on a bed of nails versus a bed with one nail... because there are greater numbers, its much more tolerable. just like outlines vs. shading...

Back