• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tattoos

Misti's tattoo

My girlfriend just got a new tattoo. I don't think it was planned, but there seems to be some snake heads on this one. I thought the way he did the rose was cool. It looks as if there is a real heart in the middle of the rose with smoke coming out and the petal that is opening up is also a heart.

Attachments

• DSC_0006rs.JPG
    DSC_0006rs.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
desertanimal said:
Thanks! I had actually never been tempted to have a head tattoo. I didn't really see the point, since my hair is thick. But, I found that little snake on a wine bottle and loved it so much I decided I had to have it as a tattoo. And some tattoos go better some places than others. I thought for hours about the best placement for it, and when I finally considered the back of my head, it just seemed like the right place. I'm really happy with it even though I never really see it, and it's Kristi's favorite one. But it really hurt a lot more than my others. I was glad it was so small when I was getting it!
Oh that's definitely the right place for it, looks great! And very easily covered should you need to!
I did wonder how much it hurt compared to other places, but I don't like asking. Strange, back of the neck was quite a nice sensation, I'm sure base of the skull would err nip a little, to say the least :(

and since the head bleeds like a _______ it would make it suck more.

did you need to do a touch up session or did the ink stay even with the bleeding?

my hubby's getting a dragon/tribal on his neck and it's bled a lot in some sessions... so we need to do a touchup session next weekend. he said the worse part, pain wise was when nigel was tattooing his spine.

It pinched a bit when he hit the bone at the very top of my spine, I still found it quite pleasant though. Mind you I was only in the chair 20 minutes that time :)

Wow. I would imagine that the back of the neck would hurt. The back of my neck is very sensitive, like when someone whispers on it or kisses it! There were two things about tattoo that were uncomfortable. One is that I had to sit with he chin on my chest with the artist pushing down on the back of my head to have it done. That just isn't a comfortable position for me for any length of time. If it had been a bigger tattoo, I would have asked if we could change positions. Second, the skin definitely hurt more than my other tattoos. Every time he would get ink and start again, I would get goose bumps everywhere. It is convenient to be able to cover it up with longer hair! So far I don't have any I can't cover with clothes or a longer haircut just in case I want to for an interview or something. The ink stayed fine. I think maybe because it was so small it didn't bleed much. I don't know why. My body usually bleeds more with edges than with fill, so my tribal stuff will usually bleed the most because of the high proportion of edges. I'm glad I didn't lose ink and have to do it again. :) Post of a pic of that dragon when it's done. Or did you already?

proud to be punk
Picture006.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

nofear.jpg

i also have left and right lobes stretched to 8mm 00gauge left counch left top cartlidge all apart from counch done with gun took out lip soo to be redone leg sleeve coming soon same as septum piercing and many more

wow those x-large photos mess up the screen sizing...

:(

anyway... no i haven't posted a photo of his neck yet... but i will when it's completed. :)

his wizard tat and my tat's are posted though. ;)

desertanimal said:
Wow. I would imagine that the back of the neck would hurt. The back of my neck is very sensitive, like when someone whispers on it or kisses it! There were two things about tattoo that were uncomfortable. One is that I had to sit with he chin on my chest with the artist pushing down on the back of my head to have it done. That just isn't a comfortable position for me for any length of time. If it had been a bigger tattoo, I would have asked if we could change positions. Second, the skin definitely hurt more than my other tattoos. Every time he would get ink and start again, I would get goose bumps everywhere. It is convenient to be able to cover it up with longer hair! So far I don't have any I can't cover with clothes or a longer haircut just in case I want to for an interview or something. The ink stayed fine. I think maybe because it was so small it didn't bleed much. I don't know why. My body usually bleeds more with edges than with fill, so my tribal stuff will usually bleed the most because of the high proportion of edges. I'm glad I didn't lose ink and have to do it again. :) Post of a pic of that dragon when it's done. Or did you already?
Indeed, you'd expect the back of the neck to be hell but like you say the most uncomfortable part was holding that bent over position for so long.

Lucky yours didn't bleed much, hair regrowth through scabs.. ouch!

recycling goddess said:
oh wow, do i ever like that!!!

did it hurt much?

Some spots were very...hmmm...let's say..TENDER. hahaha. Actually the outter side hurt the most (right by my outter ankle.) That hurt like a biatch and I had to bite my tongue to keep from flintching. :twoguns: And the inner ankle hurt the least (weird huh?)

I was going to have the vine go onto the top of my foot....but after that ankle area I decided to just leave it around my leg, hahaha. I chickened out tattooing my foot. :shrugs: I'm a baby.

My back tattoos didn't hurt at all compared to my ankle.

i'm thinking of getting my feet done... but i'd also love an anklet...

i have a high pain threshold but hey,... that doesn't stop me from hesitating about where to get work done LOL

i really love the ribbony, wispy look of your tat.

Well, I once had pictures of mine somewhere, but can't find them on the computer, so I had my wife take some pics again tonight:

First tat, left arm, deltoid, October '96:
tatpanthersm.jpg

2nd tat, back right shoulder, Summer '99
tatwolfsm.jpg

3rd tat, outside of lower right leg, Fall '03
tatsnakesm.jpg

Wow, didn't realize they were each 4 year apart! Guess I'm about due for another!
D80

I can finally post here

I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for about 12 years. Five years ago when my 1st daughter was born, I thought this is the time. Didn't do it. Three years ago when my 2nd daughter was born, I thought now is the time. Nope. Something about rereading this thread and having time this past weekend made the time right:

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 185
Congrats on finally getting some ink. Warning though, like corns, they too can become addictive.

Back