• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tattoos

Old thread but hey...

Heres my addition. The most painful day of my life. Got it in Thailand and took 4 hours :( I love it though, not many people do lol Please i beg you, dont get too jealous of my tan, ok?!! :grin01:

Tattoo1.jpg

Tattoo.jpg

Hope you like, not that it matters (not being rude but i think tattoos are a personal thing, something you get for 'you' :) )

Soo many awesome tattoos in this thread, such a large variety of styles.

Cheers

Looks sharp, Jim. Dang sharp, in fact.

I love how it's parting the reeds, sorta 3d-like. Super cool.

Matthew said:
Looks sharp, Jim. Dang sharp, in fact.

I love how it's parting the reeds, sorta 3d-like. Super cool.
Hehe thanks. It took me the best part of a day to explain what i wanted, including many sketches. As it was in Thailand the guys spoke very little English. They were really nice though and it was fun working it all out, at that time my bro was getting another one done. They even went out and bought back some food for us because it was taking so long to design lol. In the end i got down on my stomach, doing a snake impression to illustrate what i wanted lol

Jimmus said:
In the end i got down on my stomach, doing a snake impression to illustrate what i wanted lol

Hahahaha. Now THAT'S what I want to see a picture of!

:sidestep:

Resurrection time again!

I know I said my last one was my last one, but I am ready for another. Been working on it on and off since Jan/February and finally finished the (second) rough design in Photoshop during a lull at work last week!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/tracee84/tootatdwg-2.jpg

Ta daa.

It's not quite ready yet because it's going to start at an existing tattoo on my left shoulder (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/tracee84/chase/0b6c6782.jpg) and 'shoot' across to the right shoulder as it were.

I'm always envious of full back pieces but I don't think one wouldn't suit me - I reckon I can get away with adding to something that's already there without losing all femininity though :grin01:

I just need to figure out how to take a square-on photo of my back and then I can tweak the design to fit!

Excited!! :D

Tracee said:
Resurrection time again!

I know I said my last one was my last one, but I am ready for another. Been working on it on and off since Jan/February and finally finished the (second) rough design in Photoshop during a lull at work last week!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/tracee84/tootatdwg-2.jpg

Ta daa.

It's not quite ready yet because it's going to start at an existing tattoo on my left shoulder (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/tracee84/chase/0b6c6782.jpg) and 'shoot' across to the right shoulder as it were.

I'm always envious of full back pieces but I don't think one wouldn't suit me - I reckon I can get away with adding to something that's already there without losing all femininity though :grin01:

I just need to figure out how to take a square-on photo of my back and then I can tweak the design to fit!

Excited!! :D
Great idea!! It's going to look nice when it's done. I have 4 of mine on my back(another one of those "gotta be able to cover it up" things) and when I run out of room(which will likely be soon..lol) I plan to come up with a filler of some sort to connect them all into a full back piece. They're all so different though, so I have a lot of work ahead of me!

Well, since it's been resurrected, and I just happened to get a new tattoo last night, what the heck. Here's my latest addition. It's my 3 kid's initials, and was just waiting for the third kid to be official. It finishes off the idea that started years ago with the ankh. Basically, the ankh is a symbol of life, the eyes are my looking out for and protecting my kids and then their initials to finish it off.

Attachments

• Initials.jpg
    Initials.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 167
Love all that tats. I would post a pic of mine but i don't have it yet. I am getting one on the top of my foot,3 flowers,,on the outside of my right anckle(me and my mtep mom are getting matching tats) that will be a lotus flower, and i am going to get a white tiger on my back. But I love all the tats they are very good..

P.s.how bad does it hurt?

mommyof2 said:
Great idea!! It's going to look nice when it's done. I have 4 of mine on my back(another one of those "gotta be able to cover it up" things) and when I run out of room(which will likely be soon..lol) I plan to come up with a filler of some sort to connect them all into a full back piece. They're all so different though, so I have a lot of work ahead of me!
I hope so!
*shudder* running out of room is a big fear of mine too! And you don't want to end up looking like a painted lady!!

Duff I really like the new additions to your tattoo/s, it frames it all so nicely.

Trace

I'll be posting a pic of my tat soon, when my oldest daughter graduated high school, I was going to buy her a gift. She said that what she really wanted was to have a matching tattoo before she left for University, so I agreed. It's my first one, but not my last. We decided to get a dragonfly. It's tattooed on the top of my foot (off to the side). and hers in in the exact same spot. I love that it's something that connects us, and I love that she wanted to get it with me rather than a friend!!
I never even thought of getting a tattoo before that, but for the last 2 years I've been deciding what to get next. I've decided that I want a tat with my kids initials intertwined somehow.

p.s. The top of the foot is extremely painful ! :eek:

getting my tattoo very soon, so far got a few piercings... tongue, belly, industrial, ears.... tempted to get a couple of microdermals and maybe get my nipples done too

for my 18th birthday I'm planning on either a very large Iguana backpiece, or a snake (probably obsoletus) curling down my calf.

blckkat said:
I have very few piercings left from my high school days...

7 ears
2 belly
1 tongue
1 tongue web

Nipples, Industrial and 4 other ears were removed upon graduating college...Between work and spouse, I removed them...
Ran across this and had to add my stats:

8 in left ear (including tragus and cartilage), largest: 9/16"
7 in right ear including tragus and cartilage, largest: 9/16"
Tongue, diameter: 1/2" (custom jewelry was pricey!)
Horizontal left nipple,
Vertical right nipple,
PA, dolphin and deep dolphin. Don't ask!
Septum 00g, shrunk from 9/16"
14g nostril.

I've removed my three navel piercings due to migration, but will probably have them redone this fall.

I've had most of the ear piercings since the early 1980s. I get a kick out of how many teens and twenty-somethings come up to me in public to talk about piercings and get advice. Sometime along the way, the weird guy with all the piercings became the cool guy with all the piercings :shrugs: :)

Last edited:
jaxom1957 said:
Ran across this and had to add my stats:

8 in left ear (including tragus and cartilage), largest: 9/16"
7 in right ear including tragus and cartilage, largest: 9/16"
Tongue, diameter: 1/2" (custom jewelry was pricey!)
Horizontal left nipple,
Vertical right nipple,
PA, dolphin and deep dolphin. Don't ask!
Septum 00g, shrunk from 9/16"
14g nostril.

I've removed my three navel piercings due to migration, but will probably have them redone this fall.

I've had most of the ear piercings since the early 1980s. I get a kick out of how many teens and twenty-somethings come up to me in public to talk about piercings and get advice. Sometime along the way, the weird guy with all the piercings became the cool guy with all the piercings :shrugs: :)

thats because piercings = sexy

No tattoos as of yet. I have four planned, hopefully soon I'll get at least one. Pictures will come then.

As for piercings, my earlobes are pierced, two in uppet left cartilage that I retired because they ripped out of my ears when they got caught on the seat of a car (as I was popping to forward to get something out the back seats) and two in my tongue (snakebites) that I took out when I cleaned and one closed, so I thought wth, I'm not having a lopsided one. I will go back and have these redone.

Attachments

• DSCF0183kkk.jpg
    DSCF0183kkk.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 149
Sorry to keep the tattoo thread on piercings but I have a question for Jaxom...

Was there any difference in the pain for the vertical nipple compared to the horizontal? I've been thinking about getting verticals, since my horizontals rejected due to the piercer using to small of jewlery.

this was when it was brand new... been almost 2 years now and still looks just as colorful :)

Attachments

• tattoo.jpg
    tattoo.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 138
Savvy19 said:
Sorry to keep the tattoo thread on piercings but I have a question for Jaxom...

Was there any difference in the pain for the vertical nipple compared to the horizontal? I've been thinking about getting verticals, since my horizontals rejected due to the piercer using to small of jewlery.
My vertical piercing didn't hurt nearly as much as my original horizontal, even though it's deeper into the flesh. The piercer was far more experienced and professional. Jay now does all of my body piercings, save for my ears, which I have always done myself. The pain depends on a lot of factors: the skill of the piercer, the mood of the piercee, etc. To get the best results, eat a light meal and take a couple ibuprofen about an hour before the piercing. The food counteracts the drop in blood sugar when you're pierced, and the ibuprofen takes the edge off the pain. DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN. Aspirin acts as a blood thinner, as does alcohol. Go in sober and in a good mood and it will go a lot smoother for you.

Back