• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tattoos

I had this "tat" for almost a week. It was interesting to see people's eyes "scan" it and then react to the obvious goofiness. You could watch it happen, straight from "oh, tattoo" to "what an idiot" I guess if you've got real under the skin tats you know that people ALWAYS look.

Attachments

• tat.jpg
    tat.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 156
I had to bump this thread, even though I don't have anything to show off....YET.

I have an appointment on August 8th to get something similar to this.....

celtic knot.jpg

....between my shoulder blades. The design is known as the "Knot Of Eternity".

I'll probably just get it lined first, then go back for the fill....which, unlike the one pictured, will be a left-to-right gradient going from an indigo blue to royal purple.

So, any advice for a noob to getting inked?

regards,
jazz

Awesome Dale! I can't believe you are going to go get inked!
Are you good with pain? I am not and have gotten sick on all but my last tattoo. The previous one - the guy gave me a lolipop to chew on to keep the sugar in my system which helped after I got sick - so this time I took some with me and chewed right from the start which prevented me getting sick at all!

Awesome Dale! I can't believe you are going to go get inked!
I've been considering it for about 10 years now....but I wanted a design that I liked. This one reminds me of an M.C. Escher design.

Are you good with pain?
Well, that's kind of a personal question, don't you think? ;)

Seriously, I chose the back for a couple of reasons:

1. Inconspicuous, so I can still get contracting gigs if needed,
  2. The back is actually where the dermis is thickest, and
  3. Because of (2) above, it'll most likely bleed the least, and we're all aware of me, blood, and warfarin. :grin01:
But if this goes well, I plan on two more down the road. A head shot of Bo on my right thigh (as IF he would ever heel!), and a "constricting" diffused lavender in a yet-to-be-determined area.

And Katie? I just may use one of your photos of the beast as the inspiration. :cheers:

regards,
jazz

dragonfly

This is the dragonfly tat I got with my daughter. She wanted matching tattoos when she went away to University. If you want to talk about painful...this is the spot that hurts the most!
I've had another one since....I can't way where, but it hardly hurt at all in comparison...bony spots hurt the most, and knowing people who have had there backs done...near the spine hurts a lot, but less as you move away from it.
Good luck with your tat! Careful...they're addicting

Attachments

• IMAGE.jpeg
    IMAGE.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 125
No matter what people say...IT HURTS A LOT haha. It is deffo worth it though. Good luck!!

Oh, nonsense. It completely depends on where you get it. The one on my back hurt a bit just on the part right on my spine, and otherwise just felt like a stinging sensation.

these are 2 of my 3 tats....

got my shooting stars on my chest a couple of years ago.
stars.jpg

koi fish i got in memory of my grandma. it says her name underneath it, Faith. definitely my most prized tat so far :)
koi.jpg

my 3rd i don't have a pic of cuz it's on my back....a black and pink tribal sun :)

Resurrection time again!

I know I said my last one was my last one, but I am ready for another. Been working on it on and off since Jan/February and finally finished the (second) rough design in Photoshop during a lull at work last week!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/tracee84/tootatdwg-2.jpg

Ta daa.

It's not quite ready yet because it's going to start at an existing tattoo on my left shoulder (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/tracee84/chase/0b6c6782.jpg) and 'shoot' across to the right shoulder as it were.

I'm always envious of full back pieces but I don't think one wouldn't suit me - I reckon I can get away with adding to something that's already there without losing all femininity though :grin01:

I just need to figure out how to take a square-on photo of my back and then I can tweak the design to fit!

Excited!! :D

the self-timer feature on most cameras is a GODSEND! try that!

I've been considering it for about 10 years now....but I wanted a design that I liked. This one reminds me of an M.C. Escher design.

Well, that's kind of a personal question, don't you think? ;)

Seriously, I chose the back for a couple of reasons:

1. Inconspicuous, so I can still get contracting gigs if needed,
  2. The back is actually where the dermis is thickest, and
  3. Because of (2) above, it'll most likely bleed the least, and we're all aware of me, blood, and warfarin. :grin01:
But if this goes well, I plan on two more down the road. A head shot of Bo on my right thigh (as IF he would ever heel!), and a "constricting" diffused lavender in a yet-to-be-determined area.

And Katie? I just may use one of your photos of the beast as the inspiration. :cheers:

regards,
jazz

I think it is a really cool design - I love celtic images and have considered getting one for myself as well - just haven't found the right one yet.

Both of my shoulders hurt a lot - but it was over a lot of bone...
The dragonfly I just got which is just below my neck on my back hurt - but not nearly as much.

And Dale - I would be honored if you chose to use one of my pics of Bo for a tattoo. Wish I could get up there again in the warmer months to try to get some more pics of him for you.

I had to bump this thread, even though I don't have anything to show off....YET.

I have an appointment on August 8th to get something similar to this.....

View attachment 86846

....between my shoulder blades. The design is known as the "Knot Of Eternity".

I'll probably just get it lined first, then go back for the fill....which, unlike the one pictured, will be a left-to-right gradient going from an indigo blue to royal purple.

So, any advice for a noob to getting inked?

regards,
jazz

I would say take an anti-inflammatory first, but with your potential for clotting problems you'd best not. So instead just drink enough to dull the pain and not enough to interfere with the very necessary photo-documentation!

Wish I could get up there again in the warmer months to try to get some more pics of him for you.

Even if you could, I wouldn't want any pics of him right now. As he's aged, he has developed allergies during the summer months, so right now he has inflamed skin, and from all the scratching, his coat looks moth-eaten in some places.

As I'm boarding him over this weekend, he was at the vet last weekend to get caught up on his inoculations; I discussed the allergy alternatives over with the vet, and as she noticed some small bumps on his chest, she prescribed an antibiotic (Cipro) to complement the anti-inflammatory (Dioxyzine).

Wrong move. He developed an allergic reaction to the Cipro. It's not been pretty over the past three days. :puke02:

Let's just say that I'm grateful that the hardware store at the end of the block rents "Rug Doctor" steam vacs. But I digress....

Anyhow Katie....satisfy my curiosity....how long did it take to get the dragonfly done? I'm just looking for a ballpark time here, because if I'm not having any problems bleeding, I just might have the whole thing, outline and color, done in one shot.

regards,
jazz

I got 3 tattoos,
I am just too lazy to take some pictures.
Natical star on my left shoulder,
Skull shadow on my calf,
and pirate skull on my lower right back.

.....I am too lazy to snap pictures. lol

I would say take an anti-inflammatory first, but with your potential for clotting problems you'd best not. So instead just drink enough to dull the pain and not enough to interfere with the very necessary photo-documentation!

Drink? Nah. I've still got some leftover Vicodin from the emergency root canal last month. ;)

And my God, I've already provided you with my most intimate photos of the markings on my body, and I still haven't satisfied you? :grin01:

regards,
jazz

Even if you could, I wouldn't want any pics of him right now. As he's aged, he has developed allergies during the summer months, so right now he has inflamed skin, and from all the scratching, his coat looks moth-eaten in some places.

As I'm boarding him over this weekend, he was at the vet last weekend to get caught up on his inoculations; I discussed the allergy alternatives over with the vet, and as she noticed some small bumps on his chest, she prescribed an antibiotic (Cipro) to complement the anti-inflammatory (Dioxyzine).

Wrong move. He developed an allergic reaction to the Cipro. It's not been pretty over the past three days. :puke02:

Let's just say that I'm grateful that the hardware store at the end of the block rents "Rug Doctor" steam vacs. But I digress....

Anyhow Katie....satisfy my curiosity....how long did it take to get the dragonfly done? I'm just looking for a ballpark time here, because if I'm not having any problems bleeding, I just might have the whole thing, outline and color, done in one shot.

regards,
jazz

Awww...poor Bo...sweet puppy...never fun when they are sick.
I know what you mean about the skin allergies though - ours go through them from time to time during the summer months as well.

The dragonfly only took about an hour - outline and color. It wasn't bad at all. The longest one for me was the dragon on the back of my left shoulder which was about two hours and it is just solid black - but it is a bit bigger.

The outline usually hurts the worst - and the first 15minutes or so are the worst of that. Afterwards, your body almost "numbs" itself to the pain and it feels more like someone holding a lighter a little too close. Not really burning - but just a little too warm.

Oh, nonsense. It completely depends on where you get it. The one on my back hurt a bit just on the part right on my spine, and otherwise just felt like a stinging sensation.

I had one done in thailand and it was painful, especially the shading. I have had one in the U.K and it was painfree however they did wipe the area beforehand with soume sort of gel painkiller. Its not something to worry about, it shouldnt put you off getting one but i disagree with people who believe it to be pain free. Either that or i am a wuss?!!!

Jimmus, so far on all of my 3 tattoos, i have never been in any pain. discomfort, yes. ticklish, yes. stinging, yes, but never actual real pain.

I just realized that I never came back to this thread to post the pics of my tattoos. I had mentioned previously what and where they were - but didn't have any photos of them at the time. Thought I better rectify that!

This was my first - got it in '95 at a parlor in Pittsburgh while I was there for college.
tattoo2.jpg

My 2nd I don't have any pics of because it is the one I know I would get flack for (LOL!).

My third - from G and G in Cleveland. Supposed to be one of the best parlors in the area - but they didn't do a great job with this one as it scarred up:
tattoo1.jpg

My fourth - got at Atomic Tattoos here in Florida. I love this one. Big fan of everything celtic, tribal and dragons and this is kinda a combination of all three:
tattoo3.jpg

And of course my most recent. I really wanted something with color and am so fascinated by dragonflys:
tattoo3jul08.jpg

Still need to get something snake related although haven't found anything I like just yet and a native american design. Leaning towards a tribal style bear claw inside a dream catcher - yes Elle - the bear is my totem as well!

Back